SPORTS & GAMES
Annual Athletic Meet
Our Annual Athletic Meet was held on the grounds of SAI Sports Complex, Salt Lake on the 23rd November 2013. Mr. Sabyaschi Dutta, MLA Rajarhat Constituency, Vice Chairman, Salt Lake Municipal Corporation graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
The House positions were : Hogan House – 1st, Buntain House – 2nd, Greenaway House – 3rd and Grieisen House – 4th.
Donnawyn Savyell (Greisen) – was declared Senior Boys Champion.
Md. Hamza Ezhar (Greisen) – was declared Junior Boys Champion.
Md. Saquib (Greenaway) – was declared Sub-Junior Boys Champion, along with
Joshua Benzua Ozukum (Hogan)
From among the girls,
Priyanka Das (Greenaway) – emerged Senior Girls Champion.
Vedika Shah (Hogan) – Junior Girls Champion.
Afreen Rafique (Greenaway) – Sub Junior Girls Champion.
We thank Miss R Pal and all the other Teachers for the help and assistance rendered during the heats, practices and on Sports Day itself. A special word of thanks is due to Mrs Alka Anthony for the beautiful drill display.
The overall House positions for Sports and Games were :
CRICKET : Our Cricket team participated in the Under-17 Cricket Tournament organized by the Cricket Association of Bengal and at the Annual Awards Ceremony held on 22.7.2012, Swagata Gangopadhyay of our School was awarded a prize for “Best Junior Cricketer (Under 17) and “Highest Run Getter” in the Junior Cricket Tournament (Under 17). Our cricket team also participated in an Inter-School T-20 Tournament organized by St. Thomas’ School for Boys, Kidderpore in December 2012. Mr Nazar has been coaching our Team at Md. Sporting Grounds. We would like to thank him for his services and also Mr E Flynn, Teacher Incharge.
FOOTBALL : We had a good season of Football Tournaments and our School team participated in the following Inter-School Tournaments :
- Keventer Cup organized by Debanjan Sen Foundation in July 2012. Kewal Routh of our School was selected as one of the 22 exceptionally talented boys for the Keventer Cup All Star Team to play friendly games in CC&FC etc.
- Football Tournament organized by the Calcutta Police in August 2012 – reached the Semi Finals.
- In the Inter-School Football Tournament organized by St. Lawrence High School in Sept. 2012 we reached the Semi Final stage and lost in “Sudden Death”.
KARATE : Francis Alpin took part in the XXth West Bengal State Open Karate Championship 2013 held in January and was awarded a Gold Medal the first position Gold Medal in Kumite B category and was provisionally selected for National Karate Championship 2013 & Thai Martial Art Meet 2013 to be held in Bangkok Thailand on 14.1.2013. Arya Shankar Paul from our School was a competitor in the All India Inter-School & Senior Karate-Do Championship Federation Cup 2012 and secured a Bronze Medal and Certificate of Merit in Event No.34, Kumito category.
- English Elocution Contest was held on 12.5.2012. Greisen House emerged the proud winners.
- Hindi Debate on “Families will be Happier Sans the Television” was held on 16.6.2012. Buntain House came 1st, Greenaway 2nd and Greisen 3rd. Shreya Gupta of Buntain House was judged best speaker, Snigdha Singh placed 2nd and Rashika Anthony 3rd.
- Bengali Debate on ‘A Joint Family is the Best Option in Indian Society” was held on 20th July, 2012. Dipanjan Dey came 1st, Mahanshi Saha 2nd and Binita Ghosal 3rd. Overall House positions were – Buntain First, Hogan 2nd and Greisen 3rd with more points against the motion.
- Talent Contest : Our Talent Contest was held on 19.10.2012. The overall House positions were Greisen 1st, Buntain 2nd, Greenaway 3rd and Hogan 4th. Snigdha Singh was declared Best Compere, Swaswata Bhattacharya of Greisen stood 1st in Instrumental Solo, Debarun Chakraborty (Greisen) came 1st in Vocal Solo (Western), Soumi Basu (Greisen) – 1st (Eastern section) and Greisen came 1st in the Dance category. We thank the following Judges – Mr Derek Fernandez, Mr Claud Perris, Mr Sherman Jackson, Dr (Mrs) Arpita Bandapadhya, Mrs Sangita Bhattacharya and Mrs Sheuli Bose.
- Basketball : In the Inter-House Basketball Tournament for the Senior Boys, the winners were Greenaway House and Runners-up – Greisen, followed by Buntain House and Hogan House.
- Darts : In the Inter-House Darts Tournament, Hogan House emerged Winners, followed by Greenaway and Greisen.